Thank you for choosing Marathon Property Solutions!
Please read everything on this page as it will address all the questions we receive regarding the application and leasing process.
- Every person that will be living at the property eighteen (18) or over will need to fill out their own application. This includes children (18 or over)/dependents living at the property. All applications are to be submitted on our website. We do not accept applications from any third-party website (Zillow, Hotpads, etc.). We do not have paper applications. We do not accept applications at the office.
- The application fee is $65.00 per applicant. This charge covers OUR COST in obtaining a comprehensive background check, credit reporting, etc. that we process on every applicant. This fee is NOT refundable and does not guarantee under any circumstances that you will be approved for any of our properties.
- Applications are not processed until ALL applicants have applied for the property.
- Landlord references, if applicable, are required on all prospects applying with Marathon. Please make sure correct information is provided in the application to expedite the review process. Fraudulent Landlord information provided is immediate grounds for denial.
- After submission of all applications, review and verification by Marathon can take up to two business days. Landlord referrals take the most time, so please make sure the information provided is correct for your landlord.
- Our minimum-security deposit is the equivalent of one months’ rent. However, depending on credit worthiness, the deposit could be increased to the equivalent of two months’ rent – the maximum allowed by North Carolina Law. Security deposits are to be paid to Marathon in certified funds (cashiers check, money order) only. Personal checks/cash are not accepted.
- It is possible that Marathon will send multiple leases to multiple approved applicants for the same property at the same time. The first party to return a fully executed lease agreement (which is sent out via e-mail with electronic signature) with the security deposit (cashier’s check, money order) will receive that property. More detailed information will be provided upon acceptance.
- Upon lease execution and acceptance of the security deposit, you will receive detailed information on how to schedule an appointment to pick up keys. This may include, but is not limited to, utility transfer confirmations, renters’ insurance, etc. The first FULL month of rent will need to be paid prior to, or at, the key pick up appointment. This first month rent payment must be in certified (cashier’s check, money order) only. If you pick up keys at any time during the month other than the first, prorations of rent will occur on the second month.
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- You have had an eviction within the past 18 months.
- You currently have a balance owed to any previous Landlord and/or apartment complex regardless of the timeframe.
- You are working with a third-party organization to pay your security deposit and first month’s rent.
- If you are currently past due on an auto loan payment.